Thursday, September 24, 2009

Bishop

This month a new bishop was called to serve our ward. He is young, energetic, technologically savvy, and eager to serve. Today, I am grateful for his counsel, knowledge, and the time he donates to us as members of his ward.

I was reflecting upon a short lesson he shared with the youth this week at mutual: doing anything 15 minutes a day, turns in to 90 minutes a week, which turns in to 5 hours a month, which turns in to 60 hours a year. 60 hours a year of practicing the piano, reading scriptures, or learning a new language means that you could get pretty darn good at one of those things! He has inspired me to start learning Spanish (Jared knows it and I would like us to try and speak it to our children), practice my instrument (clarinet/piano) again, and spend more time during the day studying/reading the scriptures. Thank you bishop!

No comments:

Post a Comment